Friday, June 26, 2009

A page and a card!

Just some more scrappy goodness that Ive recently finished. This first one is just a layout that I've had sitting around waiting to be finished. It's of me a a child, about 2-3 I think, and my mom. I love this picture of my mom and I.

This second one is just a simple card that I did. I embossed the blue background using my cuttlebug and then I just sanded the background to expose the white core on the cardstock. It really makes the design pop, I think. For the hearts I used grungeboard and put a layer of modge podge down on them. I then threw on text paper (from a small dictionary that I had laying aournd and dont use) then I covered with modge podge once again. I left it to dry and then I simply sanded the edges and embossed the hearts using my cuttlebug again. After sanding the raised dots on the hearts I inked them using distress ink in worn lipstick and quickly wiped off the excess. The ink only stuck to where I sanded! The modge podge covered bits resisted the distress ink!!! How cool is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment