Monday, July 6, 2009

The Fourth, Cooking, and A New Layout

Wow! I cant believe its already July! This year is flying by... I hope it keeps it up, I need next June to come soon!! Anyways, sorry for the absence in between my last post and this one, Its been a busy week with school starting back up. I had to get myself back into the groove.

This past Saturday was the Fourth of July and I hope everyone had a great day! My day was filled with working and not much else, but thats ok. Sunday was a good day simply because I made myself chicken scallopine. It was amazing, and super easy to make. Ill be making it again in the near future. Luckily for me I had a great recipe to follow. Its one of many that I have tried from this blog. Ree over at the PioneerWoman.com always has some crazy good recipes. As my dad has said- I could burn water and yet with Ree's recipes and wonderful photography skills even I can cook up a feast fit for a king!

Now for my newest layout. It's done using the same 'Love' kit as the Smooch layout from my previous post. Its amazing how one kit can yield two completely different looks. I love the versatility of Laura's kits. Not only are they pretty to look at and hoard, they offer a wide variety of choices. Can we say "Bang for the buck?"! I love the vintage vibe that Im getting from this LO- Ive been totally into the vintage look for a while now but have a hard time translating that over to my scrapping. Im traditionally a much more "clean" scrapper. Although I do feel that even though this LO has a vintage feel you can also see some of my clean lines come through; which is pretty awesome.
This layout is also for the monthly sketch over at Inspired Blueprints. Its sketch #25. Go check them out. Now.


For the title "Glow" I used weathered wood Crackle Paint from Tim Holtz and allowed it to dry, then I used the pearl paint daubber and dabbed that over each letter. After a couple of seconds I took a damp (clean) makeup sponge and used it to work the pearl into the cracks and then to also wipe away the excess paint. I love how they came out... such a nifty sheen to them. All the flowers are Prima. and the lace is really vintage lace that I acquired from DH's grandmother. She's got more vintage lace than I could shake a stick at- Its great!! The pearls were then glued to the lace before attching the whole thing to the LO.


The pictures in the layout are from our wedding day last November. DH and I went up to Gatlinburg, Tn to Bluff Mountain Inn for our wedding, and it was everything I wanted and more. I was so pleased with our photographers. Rick and Amanda did amazing work and Im sure Ill be posting more pictures in the future. Go check out some of Rick's work- some gorgeous stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment