Saturday, September 26, 2009

Classy and Fabulous!

One of the girls I go to school with had her birthday this past week. I almost always make my friends their presents... very rarely will I actually buy gifts. Birthdays, Christmas, graduations... whatever the occasion may be a handmade giftie is sure to come from me. Well for 'A's birthday I decided to make something Ive never actually tried to do before. Luckily for me it wasn't too hard. :) It's a mini collage that I thought she'd like. It has one of my favorite quotes on it: "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous!" ~ Coco Chanel.



I really like how it turned out! The background is made out of cardboard... just in case you were wondering. I found the idea off of Ink Stains and thought it was a pretty neat one and just really wanted to try it out. All of the lace is vintage lace (I just ADORE vintage lace) as is the doily behind the flowers. For the flowers I just got some basic white ones and inked them up using Tim Holtz distress inks and then stamped ontop of that to get the effect that I got. This truly was a really simple and fairly fast project to do.

1 comment: