Friday, September 18, 2009

My Favorite Dinner Recipe

Over at Kellys Korner this week's Show us Your Life is all about your favorite dinner recipe. I must admit, before I moved to Mississippi I NEVER cooked. You can ask my dad; he'll tell you that I could burn water, and I could. However, I had to learn in order to survive. Ok well thats not entirely true- we would have survived, it just wouldnt have been very pretty or tasteful. In my three years since moving to MS I've learned a heck of a lot and continue to do so. My hubby is super picky and so usually we're stuck with meat and potatoes... because thats almost all he will eat. Since Im usuallly making sure (to the best of my ability) that Im making something he will eat I forgo a lot of the stuff I would love to make... since I am the only one who would eat it and I dont feel like making dinner twice most nights.

But, since I am currently home with the dog I get to try out the stuff I like and even though most of the time I completely mess it up every now and then I come across something that makes me swoon. Chicken Scallopine is one of those recipes! IT'S A-MA-ZING!!! and so super simple to make. I can make it in about 20-30 minutes. And believe me- if I can make it, anyone can.

I must tell you though- I steal all my recipes. Most of them come from the PioneerWomanCooks.com. That site truly makes life so much easier for me. Ive tried tons of dishes from her site and 9 out of 10 times they come out perfect (the 1 time is usually because Ive messed up somehow). So go check her out... you won't be disapointed. I promise :)


CHICKEN SCALLOPINE
1 pound linguine
6 boneless, skinless, trimmed chicken breasts
Flour
Salt & pepper
2 tbls olive oil
4 tbls butter
12 ounces white mushrooms sliced thin
1 cup dry white wine
1lemon
½ cup heavy cream
1 heaping tbls capers
Chopped fresh parsley
Grated Parmesan Cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. You want it al dente. Set aside.
Flatten chicken breasts to uniform thickness, salt and pepper both sides then dredge in flour. Heat butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry chicken breasts until golden brown (2-3 minutes per side). Remove to plate and set aside.
Throw mushrooms into pan and stir. Immediately pour in wine and then squeeze the juice of ½ -1 lemon. Stir to deglaze pan, then cook vigorously for 1 minute until sauce reduces.
Reduce heat to low. Pour in cream and stir. Add capers and parsley and stir. Turn off heat. Salt and pepper to taste. Don’t under salt!
Place pasta and chicken on platter and top with sauce. Be generous with the sauce! Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top.

2 comments:

  1. Hi.. I found you from Kelly's Korner. I love finding recipes and your's sounds delish! I would love to try it, and just want to double check the timing..

    Do you finish off the chicken in the oven after you brown it? Or, do you cook it thoroghly when you brown... maybe I need to flatten my chicken more!!

    Thanks for a great recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be good. I'm suprised you can reach the stove top.
    ~TMS

    ReplyDelete