Monday, September 28, 2009

My first Photo Shoot!

Ever since I can remember, I've had a fascination with pictures. Its one of the reasons I scrapbook. Ive always wanted to try my hand at photography and until recently never had the chance to give it a serious go. Just this past month I purchased a Canon Rebel SXi and I am in love with that camera! Its my first real 'big- girl' camera and I'm just smitten with it. I've been doing a lot of reading and studying in preparation and this past Sunday I took my first shot (pun intended) at photography.

I was lucky enough to have one of my best friends and her boyfriend be willing to pose for me. I spent most of the afternoon with them and we went everywhere!! In the woods, at a creek, in an open field, on railroad tracks, in overgrown fields... just everywhere. Im quite pleased with a good many of the shots I got and I thought I share some of them here. My long term goal is to actually do photo shoots for engagement pictures, Senior Pics, Maternity, Children's photography, and family sessions. I have a long way to go still, but I think after Sunday's shoot- Im definitely on my way... at least I hope I am!


Introducing: C & B







I think this one is just absolutely sweet. I love how he is kissing the top of her head and the look in her eyes. aww.






This one makes me smile. I cant help it. I think its infectious... how can you look at this picture and not smile?


Im not quite sure what the round metal thing is... I just happened to find it lying by my feet while taking some shots and got the idea to get the following shot. I love how it turned out. quirky.






can we say GORGEOUS??!!!




And if this picture doesnt just scream "Hot-ness", I don't know what does. I can feel this one in my toes.




For these last two I had them sit on the ground in an open field, they got eaten alive by 'skeeters but were such troopers!! The light was amazing by this time and I am so happy I was able to get a few shots off in it. I could have shot for a while longer but by this time we had been out most afternoon.



I can't say enough good things about my two models for the day! They were absolutely fabulous all day long and I just really appreciate the opportunity that they allowed me to practice on them. Thank you B & C!!! You guys were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment